I'm a content producer for "Today in New York" on WNBC-TV. I write succinct scripts and edit video to craft compelling stories (which anchors read on air) that make people lean in. I also write headlines for the news crawl and I write the newscast seen in NYC taxis. I also conceive, research, and write the trivia segment on Saturday morning.
I've written for CBS This Morning Saturday, the CBS Weekend Evening News, and CBS News Radio network.
WNBC-TV, TODAY IN NEW YORK
Writer & Producer
48 HOURS: THE WIDOW podcast
Writer, Editor & Producer
CBS NEWS RADIO NETWORK
CBS THIS MORNING, SATURDAY
CBS EVENING NEWS, WEEKEND EDITION
Senior Producer & Interim News Manager
FOX NEWS RADIO
News Production Assistant
What I do
– Writes compelling scripts for anchors, distilling complex events into powerful stories; edits accompanying video.
– Writes concise story headlines for news crawl.
– Creates engaging and entertaining themes and questions for live, weekly trivia segment.
– Research, conducts, and edits interviews for national broadcast.
– As Assignment Editor: Drives breaking news coverage; delegates assignments to staff of writers, desk associates, and stringers.
– Conceives story ideas, following from inception to implementation and coverage.
– As Copy Editor: Builds and edits national broadcasts, coordinating live elements such as video and audio feeds, and correspondents in the field.
– Edits scripts of correspondents and anchors, checking for accuracy, grammar, and style.
Some Selected Accolades
Edward R. Murrow Award "Overall Excellence" (9 awards, including a record seven consecutive times)
Edward R. Murrow Award "Continuing Coverage"
National Headliner Award "Continuing Coverage"
Writer Guild of America "Outstanding Writing" (3 nominations)
New York Emmy Award (nomination)
How I Spend My Time
Volunteering with City Harvest for 10+ years; Writing and editing the #OneGoodStory newsletter; Reading; Judging the News and Documentary Emmy Awards; Taking photos
Stuff I'm Good At
High-fives; Photoshop; Determination; Singing country at karaoke; Adobe Audition; Dalet; Enthusiasm; Jutel Radio Man; Riding a bicycle; Driving a stick shift; Operating a manual camera; Knowing the difference between complement and compliment