Currently I am a producer and writer at CBS News Radio network. I drive network news coverage, edit and produce live, national broadcasts, conduct incisive interviews with newsmakers, including members of Congress and cabinet secretaries, and write compelling, succinct news stories. I also edit and produce podcasts, including “The Widow” podcast for 48 Hours.
Previously, as a content producer for "Today in New York" on WNBC-TV, I wrote concise, engaging scripts, and edited accompanying video, to produce stories that anchors read on air. I also wrote headlines for the news crawl and wrote condensed newscasts seen in NYC taxis. I also conceived, researched, and wrote the trivia segment on Saturday morning from 2015 until leaving in 2019.
I've written for CBS This Morning Saturday, the and the CBS Weekend Evening News.
I wrote about an episode from my life in an essay published in the New York Times Magazine.
Writer, Editor & Producer
CBS NEWS RADIO NETWORK
WNBC-TV, TODAY IN NEW YORK
Writer & Producer
48 HOURS: THE WIDOW podcast
CBS THIS MORNING, SATURDAY
CBS EVENING NEWS, WEEKEND EDITION
Senior Producer & Interim News Manager
FOX NEWS RADIO
News Production Assistant
What I do
– Writes compelling scripts for anchors, distilling complex events into powerful stories; edits accompanying video.
– Writes concise story headlines for news crawl.
– Creates engaging and entertaining themes and questions for live, weekly trivia segment.
– Research, conducts, and edits interviews for national broadcast.
– As Assignment Editor: Drives breaking news coverage; delegates assignments to staff of writers, desk associates, and stringers.
– Conceives story ideas, following from inception to implementation and coverage.
– As Copy Editor: Builds and edits national broadcasts, coordinating live elements such as video and audio feeds, and correspondents in the field.
– Edits scripts of correspondents and anchors, checking for accuracy, grammar, and style.
Some Selected Accolades
Edward R. Murrow Award "Overall Excellence" (9 awards, including a record seven consecutive times)
Edward R. Murrow Award "Continuing Coverage"
National Headliner Award "Continuing Coverage"
Writer Guild of America "Outstanding Writing" (3 nominations)
New York Emmy Award (nomination)
How I Spend My Time
Volunteering with City Harvest for 10+ years; Writing and editing the #OneGoodStory newsletter; Reading; Judging the News and Documentary Emmy Awards; Taking photos
Stuff I'm Good At
High-fives; Photoshop; Determination; Singing country at karaoke; Adobe Audition; Dalet; Enthusiasm; Jutel Radio Man; Riding a bicycle; Driving a stick shift; Operating a manual camera; Knowing the difference between complement and compliment